Museum - Township of Melbourne

Go to content

Main menu:

Museum

Leisure and recreation activities > Activities
Richmond County Historical Society

In 1967, thanks to the generosity of Mr. Newlands Coburn, the Richmond Historical Society aquires its current building in the Township of Melbourne. Over 100 years old and furnished with antique furniture (all gracious gifts from the region's generous patrons), the house which is home to the museum has, in turn, been a home, a hospital and an inn. Newly restored by the Society, it was opened in 1968 as a museum representing a typical residence of the past century. 

The Society offers guided tours of the museum during the summer months as well as special visits offered to schools and other organisms. 

**The museum is only open during the summer season.**



Richmond County Historical Society
1161, Route 243
Melbourne, QC J0B 2B0 

(819) 826-1332 

All photos are the property of the Township of Melbourne or their respective owners.
Reproduction by any means is prohibited without permission.

 
Back to content | Back to main menu