Swimming pool – safety regulation
The «Ministère des Affaires municipales et de l’Habitation» (MAMH) is preparing to step up its efforts to raise awareness of residential pool safety. In this context, it is essential to inform pool owners of the rules to be respected under the «Règlement sur la sécurité des piscines résidentielles», especially those owners of a pool installed before November 1st, 2010, who are now subject to the regulations.
We invite you to read the press release (french only) issued on Thursday, May 25th, 2023 to this effect.
Here are some of the information tools at your disposal:
- the Residential swimming pool safety regulation provides details on the application of the By-law and is source of pertinent information for homeowners wishing to install or replace a residential pool.
- the document summarizing the By-law’s standards (french only) provides an overview of the requirements of the Règlement
- Frequently asked questions (french only) answer the main questions related to the By-law’s requirements.
These tools are available on the MAMH website. You are strongly encouraged to use them to promote the dissemination of uniform information*.
Safety of residential swimming pools
- Application guide for municipal officers (1,1 Mo)
- Frequently asked questions (1,7 Mo)
- Text on the safety of residential swimming pools (140 Ko)
- Residential Swimming Pool Safety — Amendment 2021
- Residential Swimming Pool Safety — Amendment 2022
Permit request, document to print