NOTICE: 2022 Pet Licence Renewal
This section mainly talks about dogs. A small section is reserved for cats at the bottom of this page.
Online dogs registration CLICK HERE
SPA Estrie : at the service of the citizens of Melbourne
Your municipality has mandated the SPA Estrie to oversee the application of its regulations regarding pets. The SPA Estrie road team provides this service for your territory, as it does for 32 other municipalities in the Eastern Township. In addition to acting as an animal refuge, your SPA is:
- A service for the application of the municipal by-law for animals
- Finding adoption families for the largest number possible of animals;
- 24 hour road and emergency service, 7 days a week;
- Insuring the safety of dogs and cats by registering them yearly;
- A service for lost, stray and found animals;
- A single call center that handles more than 36,000 calls annually;
- Inspecting and carrying out investigations to ensure the application of animal protection and welfare laws;
- Dog behavior consultations;
- A shop where you can find the essentials for your pet.
ANIMALS LOST or FOUND
IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR ANIMAL: Call as soon as possible at 819 821-4727, option 3. The agents will take the report of your animal and, thus, they will have all the information to verify with all those who at the are under their roof. You can also make your report online by filling out the form available on their website www.spaestrie.qc.ca
FOR ANIMALS FOUND: You can take it to the SPA or contact them so they can pick it up by calling 819 821-4727, option 3.
WITNESS OF AN ACT OF ABUSE OR CRUELTY?
Dial 819 821-4727, option 5. Your report will remain confidential and will allow inspectors to rescue the animals concerned.
AN ANIMAL IS BOTHERING YOU?
Are you going through a conflictual situation with the keeper of a pet (dog running free, noise and damage, excrement, etc.)? Contact the SPA without hesitation. The agents are there to listen to you and help you. Call 819 821-4727, option 5, or write to: email@example.com.
YOUR DOG HAS A BEHAVIOR PROBLEM?
Make an appointment with the canine behavior worker by calling 819 821-4727, extension 111.
OPENING HOURS – EMERGENCY SERVICE 24/7
Open Monday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For any emergency outside of our business hours; for an injured animal or in a situation that threatens its survival etc. We invite you to contact your police department, who will contact us as soon as possible.
If it is not an emergency,if possible, please keep the found pet and contact us as soon as we open.
The SPA is there to serve you!
Visit the SPA de l’Estrie website for all the details of their mission.